Data Protection Officer
- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 708
- Location: france , parisExpertise: data-protectionExperience 5 YearsSectors Energy, Mining & Natural ResourcesQualification Master’s DegreeJob Type: Permanent Full TimeCompany: Eramet
Eramet is a French multinational, in the mining and metallurgy sector.
LegalUnite is assisting them exclusively on the recruitment of their Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
Autonomously and within the framework of the European data protection regulation (RGPD) and the law of January 4, 1978, ensure the mission of DPO for the implementation and monitoring of the application of legal and regulatory provisions in data protection in connection with the Ethics and Compliance Department and the Internal Audit Department.
Global scope for the entire DPO activity and RGPD (GDPR) monitoring.
This position reports to the Intellectual Property & Industrial legal manager.
An autonomous world-wide DPO activity requires raising awareness and supporting data processing managers, in particular HR.
Main missions of the position
- Monitor compliance with European regulations and national data protection law
- Recommend the measures to be implemented to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Lead projects concerning data protection compliance within the group within the framework of the “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR)
- Identify potential risks relating to data processing and set up appropriate action plans
- Advise the group’s entities on carrying out an impact analysis (PIA = Privacy Impact Analysis) relating to the protection of personal data and verify its execution
- Define an overall data protection policy for the entity
- Develop codes of conduct for all employees
- Collaborate with key internal contacts (for example, IT, HR, Marketing, business line, RSSI) on all Privacy projects
- Inform and advise technical and operating managers on the protection of personal data
- Make a regular report to management on the level of compliance and control of risks related to the protection of personal data
- Train and educate all employees on data protection
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority and be the latter’s privileged point of contact
- Be the point of contact to respond to requests for information and complaints from external parties
- Ensure a permanent watch on legal issues related to data protection and new technologies
Profile and experience:
- The person recruited for this position is expected to:
- Higher education in commercial law
- In-depth knowledge of data protection law and practices
- Extensive experience in data privacy having worked for law firms or companies at international level.
- 5 years of experience in an international law firm or company
- Experience in project management and leadership
- Experience in managing audit campaigns, change management and risk management
- Autonomous and able to work in a team / project mode
- Ability to manage constraints and priorities
- Organized and responsive, able to anticipate requests
- Pragmatic and rigorous
- Great editorial and interpersonal skills
Excellent legal English and , both oral and written