- Post Date:October 28, 2021
- Views 961
- Location: france , parisExpertise: commercial, data-protectionOffered Salary Competitive salaryExperience 7 YearsSectors IT & TelecomQualification Master’s DegreeJob Type: Permanent Full TimeCompany: Jus mundi
After a successful launch almost 2 years ago, on the market of law firms, Jus Mundi is now developing more and more features to address a wider market. we are looking for a Young General Counsel to accompany our growth.
As the company’s General Counsel, you will:
- Lead any legal topic relating to contracts, corporate, IP/IT, data protection and other relevant legal matters.
- Plan and implement our IP and data protection strategy.
- Draft and update contract templates and improve our contracting processes and policies.
- You will be involved in the definition and execution of the company’s governance.
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the legal function by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and create processes with a technology-first, enablement-first approach.
- Monitor and provide guidance on the latest regulatory & legal developments to ensure the company’s compliance with the issues that may impact us, including finance, governance, data protection, etc.
- Manage and follow up relationships with external counsels and litigation.
- Be responsible for building the legal team as the company grows.
- 7 to 9 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, in an international environment. Previous experience in the early days of a fast-growing tech company is a big plus.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with corporate and commercial law, IP/IT law and data protection in French and US law. Bar qualification is a plus.
- Hands-on: you are proactive, take decisions, and act accordingly.
- Excellent drafting, analytic, and negotiating skills.
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- High technical aptitude: you are able to understand Jus Mundi’s technological environment and are expected to perform the legal function using state-of-the-art legal tech.
- Business-minded: you assess the risks and give practical and actionable advice and solutions.
- Strategic thinking: you see far ahead to put in place the legal protections that will allow Jus Mundi to grow in peace.
- Trustworthy: The critical nature of your role requires unfailing integrity.
- Networking and thought leadership: your voice resonates in the world of in-house counsel to position Jus Mundi as a respected and influential player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you are a team player!
- Fluent in English and French (both written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Master 2 or equivalent (JD) degree in law.
- Working for a very fast-growing global legal tech that is revolutionizing the way lawyers around the world conduct legal research.
- You will be onboarded by all teams so that you understand everyone’s responsibilities & roles.
- We offer a good stock options (BSPCE) plan.
- Meal vouchers.
- We provide visa sponsorship.
- Partially remote possible.